Here’s a really simple recipe that anyone can make! No baking required just mix your ingredients together and coat in white chocolate – would make a great gift for somebody.
You will need:
- 1 Pack Oreos (I used Double Stuffed Oreos but normal ones will be fine
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 200g White Chocolate
1. Place your Oreos in a food processor on a low speed for about 30 seconds to make fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor you can place the Oreos in a ziplock back and crush with the end of a rolling pin.
2. Once you have your Oreo Crumbs, place a small amount in a bowl for sprinkling over the truffles later, then mix the Cream Cheese into the remaining crumbs until you have a sticky dark mixture. Roll the mixture until 3cm balls (I made 12 from the mixture) and pop in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden.
3. When the truffles are firm, remove from the fridge and place onto a cooling rack placing tin foil underneath to catch the drips. Melt your White Chocolate and spoon a small amount over each truffle allowing it to completely coat it.
3. Before the White Chocolate sets sprinkle over the Oreo crumbs you set aside to decorate then leave to cool and your truffles are complete!
[fblike layout=”box_count” show_faces=”false” action=”like” font=”trebuchet+ms” colorscheme=”light”][tweet username=”icedjemsltd” layout=”vertical”]
4 thoughts on “Easy Oreo Truffles”
This looks super easy. Would Philadelphia cream cheese be good for this? Thanks! Can’t wait to try it 🙂
Hi Amina, yes Philadelphia is always best! 🙂 Other Cream Cheese’s tend to go runny when you mix them x
I made these and just wanted to make a few suggestions. Add the crumbs gradually – the first batch was quite dry because i added all the crumbs and had too much compared to the the cream cheese. I found it worked better to roll the balls in the melted chocolate. Mine wasn’t quite thin enough to run nicely. Also they stuck to the rack pretty bad. I even sprayed the rack with non-stick spray. I found parchment paper worked much better. Thanks so much for sharing. They are delicious
Hello. Can I ask you will they need to be stored in the fridge?They look so yummy so I want to take them as a gift and I was wondering if they would be ok out of the fridge. Thank you in advance!